Re: [squid-users] transparent proxy help

From: Henry <brassing@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 03:11:44 -0400

I've tried to get it to work without success... On OpenBSD+PF (my
router) I've tried using NAT and inetd+nl method listed in http://
www.openbsd.org/faq/pf/rdr.html#rdrnat

Both methods results in the same error response from squid... But it
doesn't make sense to me... It complains about missing HTTP/1.0, but
it seems like there is enough information in the HTTP request to go
on ahead....

The response from squid.... (BTW, I tried different mozilla firefox
and os x safari, on a linux desktop and a mac desktop... Samething)

ERROR

While trying to process the request:

GET / HTTP/1.1
Accept: */*
412 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/412
Connection: keep-alive
Host: www.mac.com

The following error was encountered:

Invalid Request
Some aspect of the HTTP Request is invalid. Possible problems:

Missing or unknown request method
Missing URL
Missing HTTP Identifier (HTTP/1.0)
Request is too large
Content-Length missing for POST or PUT requests
Illegal character in hostname; underscores are not allowed