[squid-users] Squid 2.5 and FreeBSD with Interception Caching

From: lakmal silva <ruwan_lakmal@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 07:40:20 +0100 (CET)

Hi All,

I tried do Interception Caching with FreeBSD 5.3,
FreeBSD 4.8 and WCCP as described in "Squid, the
definitive guide" by Duane Wessels. I followed exactly
the procedure given in the book but no luck so far.
The problem is, WCCP detects the squid server and
redirects packets to squid. But I don't see any logs
in the access log file. If I specifically point the
browsers to cache servers I get the entries in the
access logs. I also searched a lot on this in net and
tried many options, but ended up with the same result.
Interception is working fine for me in Redhat linux
9.0.

Any help is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Lakmal