Re: [squid-users] squid with ldirectord-----------------------------------

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 11:45:09 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005, SUKHWINDER PAL wrote:

> As we know that in case of LVS-DR the realserver is
> directly serving the client and not through the
> LVS.So, how the ldirectord on LVS will detect the
> failure of squid servers.

You need to tell ldirectord a suitable URL to use for testing the Squid
servers. You can either use a proxied URL or request an internal URL such
as one of the icons
http://squid.server/squid-internal-static/icons/anthony-unknown.gif

HTTP Proxies is not that different from a normal HTTP web service. Both
speaks HTTP.

Regards
Henrik