[squid-users] cache.log states ALLOWED, returned page states Access Denied

From: <linux_user98765@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 15:01:12 -0800 (PST)

With the help of my LUG I was able to setup squid as a transparent
proxy:

iptables -t nat -F
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp -i eth0 --dport 80 -j REDIRECT
--to-port 3128
iptables -t nat -A OUTPUT -m owner --cmd-owner proxy -j ACCEPT
iptables -t nat -A OUTPUT -p tcp --dport 80 -j REDIRECT --to-ports 3128

However, after changing distributions from Redhat FC2 to Debian Sarge,
I can't seem to get squid working again. I've attached both my current
squid.conf (intact and "rules only") and the squid.conf from my prior
distribution (intact and "rules only"). Additionally, I have attached
the cache.log (debug_options ALL,1 28,9 33,2) output of an attempted
access of http://squid-cache.org/ from localhost.

I've diff'd the Redhat squid.conf against my current conf, and have
tried a variety of permutations, but I couldn't seem to get anything to
work. Any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated.

TIA!

Evidently the mailserver didn't like the mimetype of the attachments.
I've uploaded them to my webserver:

http://arbornet.org/~eibwen/cache.log
http://arbornet.org/~eibwen/squid.conf
http://arbornet.org/~eibwen/squid.conf.rules
http://arbornet.org/~eibwen/squid.conf.fc2
http://arbornet.org/~eibwen/squid.conf.rules.fc2

The squid.conf files are also available as a tar:

http://arbornet.org/~eibwen/squid.conf.tar.gz

Additionally, since I'm uploading the files, I've also uploaded the
other log files:

http://arbornet.org/~eibwen/access.log
http://arbornet.org/~eibwen/store.log

TIA!