RE: [squid-users] Port based ACLs for Squid setup with upstream p roxying to Surfingate's Finjan-

From: Chris Robertson <crobertson@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 10:25:39 -0900

I imagine that the stream is being set up over port 80 (and is therefore
being set up through the Finjan). A little searching through the email
archives finds someone who was looking to block WMP. That should help...

So try this:

acl media_mime req_mime_type -i ^video/x-ms-asf$
acl media_mime req_mime_type -i ^application/vnd.ms.wms-hdr.asfv1$
acl media_mime req_mime_type -i ^application/x-mms-framed$
acl WMP browser Windows-Media-Player/*

always_direct allow media_mime WMP

In theory (I love that phrase) this should allow Windows Media Player to
directly make requests for Windows media types.

Chris