RE: [squid-users] SO_Fail -1 in store.log

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 21:43:09 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 7 Feb 2005, Brad Taylor wrote:

> What is the best approach to upgrade to 2.5.STABLE7 from 2.5.STABLE6? I
> see info on how to apply patches but not a new STABLE release.

Just install the new version ontop of the old and restart Squid. Same as
when patching except that there is no doubt in what Squid version you are
using.

> Is this really the only option? I can't fix STABLE7?

2.5.STABLE7 is 2.5.STABLE6 + all patches and a few other cosmetic changes
to bring everything together in a nice package.

Going from one 2.5.STABLE to another 2.5.STABLE or applying a patch to a
2.5.STABLE is all the same effort (reinstall ontop of existing
installation, then restart Squid), and by using the current STABLE release
you can be confident that your questions will be taken seriously when you
have trouble with stability or to reach some site.

Regards
Henrik