RE: [squid-users] What is an easy way to use a single certificate to authenticate into the Squid server?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 09:06:34 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004, Strickland, Lawrence P wrote:

> Well I want to allow one or even a limited number of clients to be able
> to authenticate into Squid so that they may connect to my internal web
> servers.

And you want this authentication to Squid to use certificates and not
normal authentication?

The client certificate support in Squid is still rather rudimentary,
mostly because nobody has needed it badly enough to finish the
implementation (still missing CRL support, dynamic renegoitation and a few
other "minor" details)

   http://devel.squid-cache.org/ssl/

Regards
Henrik