RE: [squid-users] Blocked Yahoo Messenger but want to open for some users in local group

From: Internet System Administrator <admin@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 13:22:23 +0800

You could start by defining those local group

acl specialgroup src 192.168.10.2
acl lowpriority_group src 192.168.10.3

then define yahoo messenger by url

acl yahoomsgr src messenger.yahoo.com
http_access allow yahoomsgr specialgroup
http_access deny yahoomsgr lowpriority_group

i guess that will work, and if you have lots of ip belong to
specialgroup, instead of using the above example you might use

acl specialgroup src
"/etc/squid/file_that_contains_ip_addresses_of_specialgroup"