Re: [squid-users] Client IP & Load Balancer

From: dot <dot@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 18:06:25 +0200

Hi,

sorry for misunderstanding, but isn't the communication as follows:
the client ask the balancer, the balancer balances on few squids, squid
is asking the destination ??
If so, and you want to see client IP on squidy, the balancer should
insert the xff-header and squid handle it.
Is the balancer able/configured to do this ?
Another way is a kind of transparent mode of balancers, I don't know if
Foundry supports this.

bye