Re: [squid-users] Blocking mixed URLs

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 23:33:31 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004, Christian Ricardo dos Santos wrote:

> Sorry but I am a begginer, I never ever heard about this dstdomain.

dstdomain is a domain match to the host component of the requested URL.

url_regex is a regex pattern match to the complete requested URL.

Squid FAQ Chapter 10 Access Controls
<url:http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-10.html>

Squid Users Guide, Basic Access Controls
<url:http://squid-docs.sourceforge.net/latest/html/x591.html>

Squid Users Guide, Access Controls
<url:http://squid-docs.sourceforge.net/latest/html/c1389.html>

When possible it is recommended to use the more specific acl types. These
are both several orders of magnitudes quicker than url_regex and much
harder to get wrong.

Regards
Henrik