Re: [squid-users] squid not parsing URLs

From: Rolf <rolf@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 16:31:36 +1000

Thanks to Hendrik.

yes, in the old config I had never-direct allow all and had omitted it
in the new config. Has solved the previous instances of the problem.

Indeed this proxy server has to get all its non-LAN content via an
upstream proxy. I didn't mention that as I didn't realise fully the
behaviour of squid (and did not realise the relevance of the cited faq
item). Having specified cache_peer I had assumed that all requests,
apart from always_direct ones would go via it.

Thanks

rolf.