Re: [squid-users] Basic FTP usage through squid

From: Adam Engel <adamengel@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 09:44:18 -0400

At 01:32 PM 9/11/2004 +0200, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
>On Fri, 10 Sep 2004, Adam Engel wrote:
>
>>Recently my users have requested that I set up Squid so that users can
>>click an ftp link on a website to download a file. Is this possible with
>>squid?
>
>Ues, and enabled by default unless you have done something wrong.

Thanks for letting me know that it should be done by default. I went
through my configuration and looked at any ftp settings that I might have
changed.

>The only requirement is that the browser is configured to use the proxy
>for ftp request.

I changed this on my PC and it worked fine. It hadn't before, I changed
some access controls for ftp, ( I had http_access deny all before my
http_access allow ftp_allowed statement ).
I will now check with my users to see if the changes are reflected on them

>Regards
>Henrik

Thanks much!
Adam