Re: [squid-users] Outlook Web Access and bypassing Squid using Squid

From: Christoph Haas <email@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 20:18:46 +0200

On Thu, Sep 09, 2004 at 12:32:53PM +0500, A. Sajjad Zaidi wrote:
> A client of mine is experiencing problems accessing their Outlook Web
> Access server through our proxy (Squid 2.5.STABLE6, transparent). I've
> gone through the options available to fix this and they either do not
> work or aren't feasable.
>
> Neither the client nor I have control over the server so we can't get it
> to run over https, which would otherwise be the preferred fix (short of
> dropping OWA altogether in favor of an open solution).
>
> I tried adding this to squid.conf:
>
> extension_methods SEARCH
>
> and when that didn't work, tried this:
>
> extension_methods SEARCH SUBSCRIBE UNSUBSCRIBE POLL BCOPY BPROPPATCH
> CCM_POST

That's what I needed to do with older Squid versions. As you are running
the latest stable you shouldn't need the extension_methods. My coworkers
are running the Exchange web interface, too. And although it works
better on non-IE (looks like the braindead software hackers in Redmond
have installed browser detection and the hell-sent ActiveX) Squid poses
no problem in between the browser and the web interface.

> but beyond the first page, I still get nothing but a blank html page.

Anything denied in the logs?

> Is it possible to configure squid to allow certain clients to pass
> through or can it be done using iptables?

If you have the above problem with 'interception mode' then ignore me. We
will never use that mode in production for various reasons. In "standard
mode" (pointing the browsers to http://proxyserver:3128) it works fine.

You can use ACLs with "always_direct" and "never_direct". Even 'src'
ACLs.

 Christoph

--
~