[squid-users] Hacking ntlm_auth to allow squidGuard ACLs

From: Discussion Lists <discussions@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 08:20:10 -0700

Hi All,

First post here!

In the following article the author describes how to get Samba 3 and
Squid working.

http://www.informatikserver.at/modules.php?name=News&file=print&sid=2710

However towards the end the author has a topic called "Hacking ntlm_auth
to allow squidGuard ACLs" He describes making the following changes to
the source of the ntlm_auth.c:

In source/utils/ntlm_auth.c locate the line:
x_fprintf(x_stdout, "AF %s\%s ", ntlmssp_state->domain,
ntlmssp_state->user);

And modify it to:
x_fprintf(x_stdout, "AF %s ", ntlmssp_state->user);

I came across this page because I was looking for a way to get
squidGuard to recognize NT users so that I can create exceptions for
certain ones. This way I can still proxy, and log the user's actions,
but they won't have their content filtered. Will what this person is
describing above accomplish that? Has anyone done this? If not can
anyone think of any negative consequences? Also, if this does work the
way I think it will, would I not specify the username in squidGuard as
"domain\user", or just "user." "domain\user" crashes squidguard
(probably because of the "\" I am guessing. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Mark