Re: [squid-users] Remove Squid signature (%S) on FTP indexes

From: Christoph Haas <email@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 20:03:29 +0200

On Thu, Jul 22, 2004 at 06:48:14PM +1000, lists@dedicated-web.net wrote:
> I am trying to figure out how to remove or change the Squid signature that is
> appended to the bottom of FTP indexes (same as what is appended to error pages
> but I know how to get rid of those).
>
> eg: if I visit ftp://ftp.download.com/ I get the following signature at the
> bottom of my page:
>
> Generated Thu, 22 Jul 2004 08:45:45 GMT by xxx.xxx.xxx (squid/2.5.STABLE6)
>
> Any help with this would be appreciated.

Doing this correctly would mean to alter the source.

Dirty tricks include putting a <!-- at the end of your error message
thus suppressing the output of the signature (although it is still in
the HTML source). This will however make the error message be non-HTML
as closing tags will be missing. That will probably lead to severe
display problems with some browsers.

This has been discussed a couple of times in this mailing list. You may
want to search the archives.

 Christoph

--
~