[squid-users] One step away from getting winbind authentication working...

From: <lists@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 17:42:53 +1000

I have followed the instructions in section 23.5 on
http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-23.html

I configured Samba Version 3.0.4 --with-winbind
I have smbd, nmbd, and winbindd running and have tested winbindd user
authentication successfully

I built squid:
Squid Cache: Version 2.5.STABLE5-20040707
configure options: --enable-auth=ntlm,basic
--enable-external-acl-helpers=wbinfo_group

and tested it without authentication - works fine.

I tested the Test the Samba-3.x helper - works fine

I added the relevant auth_param's and adjusted the acls in squid.conf - no go :(

I use IE6.0 and it pops up a username/password prompt.
I enter in my credentials - no go.
I enter in my credentials with domain\username - no go.
(on an MS proxy 2.0 server with authentication it works fine - so I am doubting
it is browser related)

I know I must be missing something simple, but I just can't spot it.
My smb.conf and the relevant parts of my squid.conf are attached - server names
and IPs have been altered for privacy reasons.

If someone could help me here I'd really appreciate it.

Regards,
Rob Hadfield