[squid-users] Re: what should be included in the refresh_pattern

From: Adam Aube <aaube01@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2004 12:52:47 -0400

dravya wrote:

> I have installed squid on a new machine. In access.log all i see is
> TCP_MISS/200 eventhough i have been to that site before which contains
> pictures. I suspect there is something to do with my refresh_pattern.

[refresh_pattern settings snipped]

These are the default settings, and will not prevent objects from being
cached. Have you verified that the images from the site are cacheable? You
can use the Cacheability Test Engine for this (Google for it).

If the images are indeed cachable, yet are not being cached, post your full
squid.conf (without comments or blank lines).

Adam