RE: [squid-users] apped user id on URL?

From: Chris Perreault <Chris.Perreault@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 07:31:38 -0400

If you can get the username, then you can create a redirector to append the
name to the URL, as that rewrites the url to whatever you want it to be.

We've been trying to setup an ldap authenticated reverse proxy, and have
successfully sent the username down to the origin (real) webserver in the
http_proxy_authorization header. It's base64 encoded so we use a script to
un-encode it, on the webserver, and get the username to the webserver that
way.

cache_peer 10.1.1.1 parent 80 0 originserver no-query no-digest proxy-only
login=*:password cache_peer 10.1.1.45 parent 80 0 originserver no-query
no-digest proxy-only login=*:password

The last part of the above line is the "login" information.

Chris Perreault