Re: [squid-users] How often should I restart Squid?

From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 14:05:01 +0200

On 25.06 22:19, Bruno Marcondes wrote:
> I had this weird behavior with squid on a RH9 server using kernel
> 2.4.22 , 2Gb of memory (the server was DL380 G3 from Compaq/HP), the
> swap usage was slowly growing forever and I even
> try disabling it with no harms , but I didn't want do it ...why ? It
> shouldn't swap !

it did not swap. It is just linux kernel behaviour that it saves some
memory pages onto swap even if there's no need for it. IT is an
optimalization feature so that makes nothing bad for you.
If you have enough memory, you really can turn off swap.

LSD will make your ECS screen display 16.7 million colors