[squid-users] Squid in front of apache/tomcat

From: Deac Nkisetlein <tweeg.news@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 12:21:20 +0200 (MEST)

Dear listmember,

the following situation is giving me some headache:

I have a squid sitting in front of a tomcat and want to cache
all cacheable contents by squid.

I tried to configure squid to acceleration mode and had partitially
success. When I call the ip configured in httpd_accel_host and the
corresponding httpd_accel_port, I do see the page served by tomcat.

But it looks like a "direct" request. I can see the hostname and
portnumber of my tomcat, instead of my squid in the browser.

The access logfile says: DIRECT/xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx which looks like
my guess about direct connection is right.

Do I miss something obvious? I want all requests being handled and
cached by squid. There should not be any sign of the tomcat ip/port.

Thanks alot in advance.

--
+++ Jetzt WLAN-Router für alle DSL-Einsteiger und Wechsler +++
GMX DSL-Powertarife zudem 3 Monate gratis* http://www.gmx.net/dsl