[squid-users] Re: Squid + Active Directory - Need to allow Windows Update and SSL

From: Adam Aube <aaube01@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 15:55:12 -0400

Jonathan Pace wrote:

> We currently have Squid 2.5 Stable5 installed on Redhat 7.2.
>
> I have setup Samba 3, Kerberos, Winbind, PAM and squid to authenticate
> with my active directory. (Via the helpers)

You don't need PAM if all you are doing is using Samba for Squid
authentication.

> I want to be able to get Windwos update to run through the squid proxy.

This should work fine. Post your squid.conf (without comments or blank
lines) and access.log entries showing the problem.

> All I want it to do is pass on the SSL requests. Not use any certificate
> etc. I just want the squid to connect the client directly with any SSL
> address.

This is the default Squid behavior - by the design of SSL, Squid cannot see
the payload of the packets. All it does is pass the traffic.

Again, your squid.conf and relevant access.log entries will be helpful.

Adam