[squid-users] access to a website for specific users

From: Manjunath sangappan <smanju@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 18:00:36 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Friends,

I am running Squid 2 on a Solaris 8 Intel. I am using a block list to
deny user access to prohibited websites. I am using a proxy
authentication script to authorise user to access website with a
user-id and password.

Recent request being to block a website for the whole company, except
for the set of users.

Eg. www.jobs.com to be blocked for everyone, but set of users in HR
services.

Since we are using DHCP I cant allow access based on IP address.

I can add the website to the block list to block, but I need to provide
access to some set of users.

I earlier searched the archive for this. But couldn't find the right
answer for this. Please help me with this.

Warm Regards,
Manjunath Sangappan