[squid-users] Intermittent High Utilization

From: Ryan Kather <rkather@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2004 16:21:17 -0400

Greetings,

I'm new to this mailing list and would like to start by saying how
wonderful a job you've done with Squid. It's amazing and so
configurable.

Anyways. We've been running Squid here for quite awhile without any
issues, however, recently we've upgraded to Suse 9.1 Professional
edition and using Suse's bundled squid rpm (Squid 2.5.STABLE5) we are
experiencing some problems with system utilization.

Top is showing Squid about every 2 minutes using 100 percent of the CPU
for about 40 seconds straight. This is when it is merely idle with no
one accessing it. We do have dansguardian linked to squid. Has anyone
seen this any suggestions about it? Cachedir is UFS 15000 L1: 35 L2:
256 Cache_mem 64 MB memory object size = 256 KB icp and htcp are
disabled. cache_replacment policy and memory_replacment policies are
both LRU.

                Thanks for any assistance
                 Ryan