[squid-users] How to prevent anwanted bypassing squid by network users trhough browser set-up

From: Manuel Schroeder <masch@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 14:40:57 +0200

Hi,

we want to disable our network users to access their private webmail
etc. from the office. So I did successfully made an acl dstdomain
....... and made squid also taking care about port 80.

But my obvious concern is that our clever users will setup their
browsers back NOT to use our proxy but to go to the internet DIRECTLY as
usual in former times on port 80 without proxy use. %) I did hope the
above (also looking at port 80) would prevent them from but sorry to say
it does not. 8(

But by doing so all my wonderfull filter rules in squid will be
bypassed! :(

How can I make squid to block browsers coming on port 80 in "no proxy
mode"?! :)

Manuel