[squid-users] WLAN-Problem with Proxy Port 80

From: <mpolat@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 12:39:28 +0200 (CEST)

Hello

Could you please give me an advise how should I process in the following case:
(In the campus there is a proxy that have been set on port 80. Squid 2.5. We can surf im INTRANET without any limitation. We can surf except port 80 on INTERNET. Services such FTP, HTTPS ans port 2082 etc. works fine. As soon as we want go out on Internet example www.google.com then we receive the message:
HTTP Proxy encountered an error (the page www.google.com) is not reachable. If we disabled proxy on client side such MS Internet Expleorer and authentify the user and then enabled the proxy after the authentification then it works sometimes even with port 80…)

We have an Orinoco AP2500 as WLAN Acess Point in Campus Network with following configuration:

IP Configuration:

IP Address Assignment Type: static
Network IP Address: xxx.xxx.yyy.220
Network Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Gateway IP Address: xxx.xxx.yyy.1

DHCP Server: Enabled
DHCP Server Type: Privat
Public DHCP Server IP Address: xxx.xxx.yyy.220
DHCP Server Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Pool Start IP Address: xxx.xxx.yyy.224
Pool End IP Address: xxx.xxx.yyy.229
Lease Time (minutes):1440

Tehere is aDNS Server

RADIUS Server is enabled and is FreeRadius

Authentication, Authorization and Accounting is Enabled
Authorization Method: internaly
Enable User Name: enalbled

I will appreciate any hints how we should make forwards? Or who can help if you have made some experiences with some companies.
Proxim says us just disable the Proxy what we can not do, because of security policy of whole network.

With best regards

Polat