Re: [squid-users] including more config files in main squid.conf

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 10:02:20 +0200

On Tuesday 02 September 2003 04.44, Chris Barnes wrote:
> This could sort of work for what i'm trying to do, but not quite.
>
> See for each person who has access to use squid i have an acl with
> their name and ip address e.g.
>
> acl patrick src 10.3.2.4/32
> acl kenny src 10.3.2.10/32
> acl cate src 10.3.2.17/32

Why don't you join these into a single acl? A lot more efficient
unless you need to give each user different permissions.

acl users src "/path/to/users.txt"
http_access allow users

and in users.txt keep data like

10.3.2.4/32 # patrick
10.3.2.10/32 # kenny
10.3.2.17/32 # cate

And comment out the whole line when disabiling a user, maybe even
adding a comment why...

10.3.2.4/32 # patrick
#kenny has not paid his bill
#10.3.2.10/32 # kenny