Re: [squid-users] implementing delay_pools

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 10:19:44 +0200

On Wednesday 27 August 2003 07.09, Suryaman Maharjan wrote:
> hi !
> I am new to squid and using squid-2.3.STABLE4-1 rpm as proxy server
> for my LAN. I am implementing delay_pools to limit bandwidth of
> some hosts in LAN which are found to consume lot of bandwidths.
> I have read in FAQ that the squid need to be re-compiled. Plese
> help me how it is to be done.

1. First verify if this really is the case. What does
squid.conf.default say about the delay directives?

Also check the output of "squid -v".

Squid is compiled much like any other software. Download the sources
from squid-cache.org or our mirrors, then follow the INSTALL
directions contained in the sources...

Regards
Henrik