Re: [squid-users] URL ERROR

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 09:59:02 +0200

On Thursday 21 August 2003 08.15, Malek Mohammad Karaminejad wrote:

> While trying to retrieve the URL: http://192.168.0.1/
> The following error was encountered:
> Access Denied.
> Access control configuration prevents your request from being
> allowed at this time. Please contact your service provider if you
> feel this is incorrect.

There is several possible causes to this

a) Have you set up the required access controls in squid.conf (see
QUICKSTART). If not nothing will be allowed as Squid can not guess
who should be allowed to use the proxy.

b) Did you enter the above URL or another URL in your browser? If
another URL then verify the httpd_accel_* directives in your
squid.conf..

Regards
Henrik