[squid-users] WCCPv2 problems....still

From: <Paul.Fiero@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 12:17:32 -0500

Well I have managed to get some help from some other very helpful folks and
currently have kernel 2.4.20 patched with the ip_wccp module. I have
applied the wccpv2 patch from visolve for version 2.5 of squid. When I ran
the patch I got no errors, when I compiled everything indicated that WCCP
was turned on, but when I run make I get the following:

gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H
-DDEFAULT_CONFIG_FILE=\"/usr/local/squid/etc/squid.conf\" -I. -I.
-I../include -I. -I. -I../include -I../include -I/usr/kerberos/include -g
-O2 -Wall -D_REENTRANT -c `test -f wccpv2.c || echo './'`wccpv2.c
wccpv2.c: In function `wccp2HandleUdp':
wccpv2.c:338: warning: unused variable `tmp'
wccpv2.c: In function `wccp2AssignBuckets':
wccpv2.c:442: warning: unused variable `wccp2_assign_bucket'
wccpv2.c:443: warning: unused variable `buckets_per_cache'
wccpv2.c:444: warning: unused variable `loop'
wccpv2.c:445: warning: unused variable `number_caches'
wccpv2.c:447: warning: unused variable `caches'
wccpv2.c:448: warning: unused variable `offset'
wccpv2.c:449: warning: unused variable `buckets'
wccpv2.c:450: warning: unused variable `buf'

At this point, I can finish compiling squid and installing it. I can even
run it (with all the configurations necessary for activating WCCPv2), but
when I look at the cache.log files there is no WCCP traffic being generated.

Can someone give me some feedback on this?

On Wednesday 06 August 2003 04.41, Allen Stringfellow wrote:
> I am trying to compile Squid-2.5.3 on RedHat Linux 9.0 (kernel
> 2.4.21 with ip_wccp.patch patched into the precompile includes). I
> ran the wccpv2.patch against the precompiled squid source and ran
> the configure script with --linux-netfilter , --delay-pools,
> --snmp, and --wccpv2 options enabled. When I run 'make all' I get
> the following errors from the wccpv2 mod:

Did you get any errors when you ran the patch command?

Regards
Henrik

Paul Fiero
Information Security Analyst
City of Austin Communications and Technology Management
(512) 974-3559
paul.fiero@ci.austin.tx.us

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
The information contained in this ELECTRONIC MAIL transmission is
confidential. It may also be privileged work product or proprietary
information. This information is intended for the exclusive use of the
addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that any use, disclosure, dissemination, distribution [other than to the
addressee(s)], copying or taking of any action because of this information
is strictly prohibited.

Vampireware /n/, a project, capable of sucking the lifeblood out of anyone
unfortunate enough to be assigned to it, which never actually sees the light
of day, but nonetheless refuses to die.