Re: [squid-users] Squid / Redir based on source port

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 26 Jun 2003 23:08:49 +0200

tor 2003-06-26 klockan 15.04 skrev Alex Short:
> Not sure again if squid is the answer or if i'm going about this in the
> wrong way.
>
> Box A and Box B
>
> I want something (maybe squid?) running on box A, that listens to ports
> 3001 and 3002.
>
> On box B, I'm going to make a http request to boxA.hostname.com 3001 and
> https request to boxA.hostname.com 3002. I want box A's program thats is
> running and listening to proxy a connection to externalhost1.com (port 80)
> and externalhost2.com (port 443). Am i completely barking up the wrong
> tree or is this something squid or not that can be accomplished :)

Squid is a proxy. From your description it is not obvious if what you
want is a full HTTP proxy, or just forwarding of the ports directly to
the externalhost. It sounds like what you want is just plain forwarding
of the ports with no proxying.

For port forwarding you can use NAT, a TCP plug or any other port
forwarding method.

For proxying you can use Squid, but proxying of https requests is rather
intrusive and breaks the SSL end-to-end connectivity by decrypting the
session and then re-encrypting it again, not sure if this is what you
want.

Regards
Henrik

Please consult the Squid FAQ and other available documentation before