[squid-users] Re: squid-2.5.STABLE2 + winbindd (samba samba-2.2.8)

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 26 Jun 2003 14:30:30 +0200

tor 2003-06-26 klockan 13.47 skrev adisk:
> Winbindd create pipe in /var/run/winbind/
> Bug:
> In SQUID module wb_ntlmauth, (and other wb_*) search pipe in /tmp/.winbind/
>
> Solution:
> May be check both path?
> or make symlink?

The correct solution is to specify --with-samba= to tell Squid where the
Samba sources for the Samba version you are using can be found.

If not specified Squid will use headers matching an original
Samba-2.2.7a release.

Note: The official Samba-2.2.8a release still has the winbind socket in
/tmp/.winbind/. I think the Samba sources you have is modified to have
the socket elsewhere and is not an official Samba release.

Regards
Henrik

Please consult the Squid FAQ and other available documentation before