Re: [squid-users] urgent

From: Rajesh <rajesh@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 13:49:05 +1000 (EST)

Hi,

I've increased the Swap size on the system. So far I haven't had any problems. I
have to minitor and see how it goes.

Thanks,
Rajesh.

>Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2003 09:08:55 +0200
>From: Marc Elsen <marc.elsen@imec.be>
>To: Rajesh <rajesh@sl.nsw.gov.au>
>CC: squid-users@squid-cache.org
>Subject: Re: [squid-users] urgent
>

>Rajesh wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I am running squid-2.5.STABLE1 on solaris 8. when I access a web site like
>> http://www.google.com/, it's extremely slow. If I don't use proxy it's pretty
>> fast. I am not getting any error messages. What could be the reason?
>>
>> I've recreated swap directories ans restarted squid. It worked fine for an
hour
>> and the problem started again. I have no clue what's happening.
>>
>> Any help would be appreciated.
>>

> Difficult to tell, some hints :
>
> - Check for possible problem concerning DNS.(lookups,config)
> - Check the SQUID Faq for Solaris specific issues.
> - Check squid mem. usage versus available mem. (swapping ?)
>
> M.

Unix System Administrator
State Library of NSW
Macquarie Street
Sydney - 2000

Email: rajesh@sl.nsw.gov.au
Ph: 02-92731711

====================================
This email and any attachments to it are privileged and confidential.
If you
are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender and delete
it. The
contents of this email are not given or endorsed by the State Library
of New
South Wales unless otherwise indicated by an authorised officer of
the
Library. Copyright law may also apply to this contents of this email.