Re: [squid-users] IE6 / Authentication Problems

From: Rob Poe <rob@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 15:12:49 -0600

> Make the changes to squid_ldap_auth.c for
> *searchfilter = "(&cn=%s)(objectClass=person))"
> *binddn = "cn=user,o=tld";
> *bindpasswd = "password";

I didn't have to change any of that .. then again I'm running NDS 7
version of LDAP on Netware 5.1 (SP5)

> Unless you can get your Novell Admin to disable the requirement for SSL when sending passwords (or possibly when 2.6 goes stable) you need to run stunnel and talk through it to the Novell Server.

Also, not a biggie - at least with NLDAP 3.x with NDS 7. Right there in
the LDAP Group object (created by default when LDAP installed) you click
on "Enable clear text passwords". Unless they're worried about
plaintext passwords on the network. In the environment which I'm
working, everything has it's own security and network login
names/passwords are the LEAST of our security concerns. (A Law
Enforcement center)