Re: [squid-users] no-cache

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 14:10:21 -0500

dstdomain /is/ dstdomain.

That's the ACL type you're creating. Read over the documentation in
squid.conf for the acl directive, it will be very helpful, I expect.

In short, when creating an ACL it is of the form:

acl name type match_exp

Where:

name=An arbitrary name for the ACL--you can call it whatever you want.

type=One of the predefined ACL types, like src, dstdomain, etc.

match_exp=Is the expression (regular expression or a simple matche
depending on type) that this ACL will match.

So in your case:

acl yahoo dstdomain .yahoo.com

Where yahoo is an arbitrarily chosen name (you could call it Bob if you
prefer), dstdomain means that Squid will be looking at the destination
domain name, and .yahoo.com is the domain name to look for. If the
destination domain of a request is somewhere in yahoo.com
(mail.yahoo.com, shoes.yahoo.com, search.yahoo.com, etc.) it will be
matched...then your no_cache directive tells squid that requests
matching the given ACL are not to be cached.

                                   --
                      Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>
                  Affordable Web Caching Proxy Appliances