Re: [SQU] Read Only FTP

From: Tilman Schmidt <Tilman.Schmidt@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 10:51:02 +0200

The question was posed a long time ago, but since I haven't
seen any answers ...

At 16:04 11.10.00 -0500, Karl Jones wrote:
>I just tried to go to an FTP site and discovered that IE claims that my proxy is rendering the session ReadOnly. I know of no acl's that I have included that would have this happen.

IE does not support FTP uploads through Squid. I don't know why
but that's how it is. I have a Squid running here and my Netscape
users can do FTP uploads through it just fine (provided they have
the appropriate permissions on the FTP server itself) but IE
users can't, no matter how they tweak their configurations. They
get the same message you are seeing, but that message is just
plain wrong. (Or rather, it seems to point to some Microsoft
proprietary way of doing FTP uploads which IE insists on using
and which only Microsoft Proxy supports.)

--
Tilman Schmidt          E-Mail: Tilman.Schmidt@sema.de (office)
Sema Group Koeln, Germany       tilman@schmidt.bn.uunet.de (private)