Re: [SQU] Java Applets not work with squid (help me)

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2000 23:11:59 +0200

See your java console. Usually there are errors indicating the cause.

One very common cause to this is if your internal network does not have
access to Internet DNS data. In this case Netscape will fail most Java
applets with a security violation. There is a document somewhere on
Netscapes site on how to reconfigure the browser to allow Java to trust
the proxy DNS when running in a environment without direct access to
Internet DNS data.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker