Re: [SQU] Proxy squid+FTP

From: Martin Brooks <martin@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 07:49:01 +0100

At 10:50 11/10/00 -0500, Skyraven wrote:
>1. What can I do to allow the win95 workstations to do FTP... when I try it
>says Failed connection... what should I configure in the proxy?

Squid is not actually an FTP proxy in the sense I think you mean so many
pure FTP clients will not be able to use it. Browsers can use it as Squid
returns FTP directory listings etc in HTML. What you actually need to do is
set up your Linux box to do IP masquerading.

>2. I'm using VNC to give internal support to the network, I want to get
>connected from home.. how can I use VNC to give remote support to a win95
>machine which is behind of a proxy Squid? everybody says that I have to
>configure squid

This is nothing to do with Squid at all. See the IPChains-HOWTO.

Regards

Martin A. Brooks