Re: [SQU] authentic. and IE Option

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2000 01:08:09 +0200

This is purely a browser issue. Your IE must cache the
username+password, or else it has to present a login dialog to get this
information from the user. I can well imagine that if you select to have
each IE window as a separate process then they do not share the login
cache.

To Squid every request is authenticated with username+password. There is
no such thing as "login" or "logout" in HTTP, only "request carries
correct authentication or does not".

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker