Re: [SQU] squid as archiver, and why are some files not cached?

From: Gerald Oskoboiny <gerald@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 00:35:34 -0400

On Wed, Aug 30, 2000 at 09:09:04PM -0400, Gerald Oskoboiny wrote:
> I installed Squid on my home machine and wrote a Perl script to
> copy files out of Squid's cache into a persistent archive, so I
> have a permanent copy of any files I browse. Details/code:
>
> http://impressive.net/people/gerald/1999/01/http-archive/
>
> Unfortunately, this doesn't quite capture everything because
> Squid (understandably) doesn't cache certain dynamic resources.
>
> However, it misses a lot of resources that I think it really
> ought to be caching, and I can't figure out why.

Actually, after doing some more experimentation, I think some of
those resources might have simply been in my browser cache, and I
was confused by the entries made in store.log in that situation.
So, never mind, sorry for any trouble.

I hope someone might find my HTTP archive scripts interesting or
useful, anyway.

--
Gerald Oskoboiny <gerald@impressive.net>
http://impressive.net/people/gerald/