[SQU] Cachemgr - Delay Pool Levels - hangs

From: Tilman Schmidt <Tilman.Schmidt@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 16:58:53 +0200

I am running Squid 2.2.STABLE4-hno.19990807 on Linux/x86 and recently
added delay pools to my configuration. This seems to run fine, but each
time I try to access the "Delay Pool Levels" in the Cache Manager menu,
my browser hangs, Squid stops serving requests, and "top" on the Squid
machine shows the squid process going to 95% CPU usage and continually
growing in memory size at a rate of about 1 MByte/sec. To stop that I
have to kill the runaway process twice - the first SIGTERM doesn't seem
to have any effect, but the second one terminates the process. (I avoid
kill -9 if possible.) Squid then restarts itself alright, and everything
is back to normal.

I haven't found anything resembling this problem in the known bugs
database on www.squid-cache.org. Is it time to upgrade?

--
Tilman Schmidt          E-Mail: Tilman.Schmidt@sema.de (office)
Sema Group Koeln, Germany       tilman@schmidt.bn.uunet.de (private)