Re: Replacing Microsoft Proxy Server

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 09 Apr 2000 21:52:00 +0200

Shad0wlight wrote:

> I would like to replace Microsoft proxy server with squid.
> The question that I have is does squid provide the user name
> and url they accessed in the log file, with transparent
> authentication.

Not yet. Currently users have to log in thru a login dialog in their
browser. The login validation can be performed to a Windows NT domain or
mostly anything using username+password.

There is work in progress at providing support for MSNT
Challenge/Response authentication, but it is not yet stable for
production use.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker