Re: Parent cache problems

From: Kendall Lister <kendall@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 08:57:29 +1100 (EST)

On Tue, 11 Jan 2000, Coutts, Ashe wrote:

> This use to work but now does not. The line I have in my squid.conf
> is:
> "cache_peer 204.48.128.30 parent 3128 7"
> When I first set up the system a year or so ago attempting to go to
> playboy.com would respond with a "page denied" response from the
> county. Now I only get the denied response when I place their ip and
> port #s as my proxy within my browser.

What do your logs tell you about how requests are being fulfilled? I
assume that you actually have your browsers pointing at your own proxy
when they're not pointing at your ISPs?

--
 Kendall Lister, Systems Operator for Charon I.S. - kendall@charon.net.au
  Charon Information Services - Friendly, Cheap Melbourne ISP: 9589 7781