Question to Proxy-Authentification in Squid 2

From: Juergen Buddy Hoffmann <jh@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 15:50:19 +0100

Hi everyone,

I know waht you are thinking *rtfm*, and I already did.
Now here is what I have in my squid.conf...

authenticate_program /usr/lib/squid/ncsa_auth /var/squiduser
authenticate_children 5
acl all src 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
acl all proxy_auth REQUIRED
http_access allow all

Both the program ncsa_auth and the file squiduser are existing at the given
locations.
But the users do not have to authenticate themselves. How come???

Any Help is highly appreciated.

Kind regards

Juergen Hoffmann

--