RE: high CPU usage

From: STARRY <starry_wang@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 1999 17:47:29 +0800

   I use FREEBSD 3.3 STABLE(19991110).
  And I also find if our server have 500 tcp/ip(using netstat -n | grep
.3128 | grep EST | wc -l) connection , our system will become very very
slow.
 I've also use TOP to monitor my system , but squid doesnt use many cpu
time(30-50%) , disk I/O only 3-7 %..
  So i don't know what should i need to tune my system or we just need to
add another server.
 could someone give some advise.
 our server is runing PIII 450 , 1GB ram , 100GB(6*16 ultra wide scsi
disk)..