RE: Performance problem on Solaris 2.5.1

From: Clive Barrows <c.a.barrows@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 1998 14:48:49 +0100

Although I consider myself to be a Squid apprentice I could not resist
the temptation to reply.

With the cache_mem set, 200MB of Ram is allocated but Squid uses
around 3 times this (yes, I read the FAQ), i.e. 600MB. Thus the problem
could be lack of expected memory.

Maybe a Squid expert could confirm or blow holes in my assessment of
the situation.

Clive