Re: squid 1.1.20 receives non-existant SIGHUP on FreeBSD 2.2.2R

From: Jordyn A. Buchanan <jordyn@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 1998 12:52:44 -0500

At 5:45 PM +0000 1/21/98, James R Grinter wrote:
>On Wed 21 Jan, 1998, "Jordyn A. Buchanan" <jordyn@bestweb.net> wrote:
>>Does anyone have insight into what would be causing this?
>
>is the process somehow associated with a tty (eg. because of how you
>start the RunCache process)?
>
>is it then getting a SIGHUP when someone logs out?
>
>Just some thoughts.

This is a line of thought that I haven't follow up on yet. I will
investigate and see what I see. I don't think this is the cause, because I
can start RunCache, then login and out of the tty that I started it from
several times, without the error taking place, but I haven't done testing
to verify whether or not there seems to be any sort of correlation.

Jordyn

|Jordyn A. Buchanan mailto:jordyn@bestweb.net |
|Bestweb Corporation http://www.bestweb.net |
|Senior System Administrator +1.914.271.4500 |