Using Squid to "Strip" a web site - Is it possible?

From: Dave <dburwell@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 1998 13:41:09 -0800

  Is there a way to make Squid "strip" a web site of all available files?
  I guess I would be looking for a way to "mirror" a web site, and use that
"mirror" for off-line browsing.
  I am not worried about disk space or network bandwidth.

  If not Squid, is there a shareware/freeware program that I could use to
access a web site, and pull everything available off of it in an unattended
fashion?
Dave
dburwell@telecom.com