Run out of file descriptors

From: Dancer <dancer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 04 Jan 1998 17:23:04 +1000

Anyone seen this?

Squid 1.NOVM.19 ran out of file descriptors, and the whole box screwed
up. 'Unable to load Interpreter' all over the console. Linux 2.0.32. Had
to punch the big red button to get any control back.

This is somewhat worrying. I'd much rather that squid just gasped,
clutched it's libraries and expired in a heap of decohered bits...Not
that I'm pinning the blame on Squid for this one....but it's obviously
something I'm going to have to attend to Most Urgently(tm).

Note to evil sorcerers and mad scientists: don't ever, ever summon
powerful
demons or rip holes in the fabric of space and time. It's never a good
idea.
ICQ UIN: 3225440