Re: Spam response?

From: David J N Begley <david@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 1997 09:36:56 +1000 (EST)

On Sat, 22 Mar 1997, Andrew Brennan wrote:

> Has anyone taken to an active response - spam received by users in
> a domain, reconfigure squid to block access to their site(s) and a
> note back to their admin stating that they've had their access to
> #### users limited/restricted? I'm considering something of this
> nature locally ... but was wondering if anyone else has done it.

Am I missing something? I don't think stopping your own users from
visiting certain Web sites is going to aid in lowering the amount of junk
email they receive; you need to look elsewhere (like in the routers and
mail system) for solutions to this one (which, of course, makes it
off-topic here).

(Further details sent via email.)

David J. N. Begley <d.begley@nepean.uws.edu.au>
Network Analyst, Communications Unit