Re: Unique identifier for each http request

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2013 21:44:46 +1200

On 21/06/2013 6:18 p.m., anita wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am trying to do some book keeping for every http request received to the
> parent from a child squid.
> I was using the Peer IP address: port combination as a key to store the http
> request.
> However, noticed that many requests can pass through the same ip:port
> combination if given successively.
> So this does not remain unique anymore.
>
> Any idea if there is some unique data about every http request received by
> the parent that I can use?

In the current releases you have to base it on IP,port,URL for best
resolution. Nothing is completely unique even then.

We have plans for a Master Transaction tracker which will eventually
allow this type of reporting as each transaction gets an ID assigned.
The base code has only just been merged to 3.HEAD, but it is nowhere
near complete yet and I am working on it in spare time (like everything
else). I expect to have usable code assigning a unique ID to each
received client HTTP transaction in a week or two. Beyond that is
unknown ground as far as timing goes.
  If you are able to throw some sponsorship my way it will help increase
the time spent to speed that up a little.

Amos